Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My horse is a teacher #1

Three more followers people, till we can do the contests!! Thanks everyone who's joined so far. :)

So I've decided that I'm not only going to do writing posts anymore, but also some others. Don't worry, I will still send out my feeble attempts at the writing posts.

So I'm starting a series, I don't know how long it will go on for, called My Horse is a Teacher.

My horse is a teacher: keeping on keeping on, take one. And action!

First I'll tell you a bit about my horsie. His name is Duals Desperado, his granddaddy is Shinning Spark, and daddy is Dual Spark, if anyone cares to know, they are famous Quarter Horses. I just call my gelding (a fixed (gelded) boy horse) Dusty. This is him below in the picture. He is going to be five. He is a chicken, who has dumped me four times, and almost dumped me 1-million times.


Yes he is a bit fat. We've been working on that. ;)


One of the biggest things he has taught me is to not give up. If I didn't keep him after falling off the second time, I would have gotten an easier horse. One that knew the tricks and all I would have to do is hold on and press the buttons. And that's not a bad thing. But when you want to become good at something you don't take the easy way. You push yourself. You fall off that horse two more times till you can stay on. I know if I had sold Dusty like we we're thinking about doing after I got a concussion after my second fall I would still be an beginner. But instead, Dusty and I are now a great team, Dusty isn't nearly as scared as he used to be, I also have more confidence, and I have a lot more experience in one year than I would have if I had gotten an easy horse. Heck, our trainer even says I have a gift with timing. (Not to brag)

I'm giving lessons, and I am training Dusty and our filly Allie. I give all the credit to God first then Dusty. :) 

Have you learned the perseverance lesson yet? How did you learn it?

Brookie






No comments: