Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Why do we write?

Why do we write? Someone might ask you this question. Now I haven't had it asked of me, but if someone did ask, this is what I would say; "Because if I didn't, I would explode."

Simple as that.

(Disclaimer) This is not my picture.


But I can't leave a post this short. Besides, you want an explanation I'm sure.

Now first off, I wouldn't really explode. Although I haven't been taking my blood-pressure medicine, so... Anyways, what would happen is, I would have a bunch of ideas that would build up in my brain, I would start having imaginary friends, then people would look at me like I was some sort of lunatic (not that that doesn't already happen), then I would probably not get any sleep for several reasons.

1. I would get the imaginary friends because those characters in my head have to go somewhere, and if they're not living their lives on paper, they'll be living in my life.

2. I would loose sleep because,

 a. I would always be tormented by the people and ideas in my head

 b. I would be thinking of all the people who must be laughing at the fourteen Y.O. with imaginary friends.

So, I take the easy way and write. :)

Why do you write? Would you explode too if you couldn't write?

Brookie

No comments: