Saturday, May 31, 2014

Writing Contest

First off, how many posts have I started with 'first off?' ;P Crazy, so I realized I didn't make this very clear, the writing contests will happen every week when I can. I'll warn you if we're not doing it. I'm sure most of you already guessed this, but I just wanted to make sure. :)

                                       Rules

1. Entries must be 250-600 words

2. They must be left in the comments by Wednesday of the next week

3. Followers of TWS will be the judges, they must leave their votes in the comments by Friday

4. Non-Followers of TWS are allowed to place an entry, but not vote

5. Entries with foul language or scenes that are too inappropriately graphic will be discarded

6. You may choose one or more of the prompts to put into your 'one' entry

7. Voters are not allowed to vote for themselves

8. Votes will be made by G+ing the prompt that voter likes best (Till we have a better system)


                          Winners of last weeks prompt

We have a three way tie this time, Andrea, Amy, and Maddie Jay. Congrats!
You may send me your stories and characters at brookiefaulkner809@gmail.com

Maddie Jay, seeing as you also won last week we'll only do a critic. :)

                                                    Writing Prompts

1. Include this piece of dialog in your prompt, "Someone help!"

2. Use this picture,

 

3. Or use this verse, "For I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"

Also every week at Christ Is Write there is a Monday Minute challenge. I got the idea from there, so it's a lot alike. :)

Brookie


No comments: