Saturday, January 18, 2014

Nobody's Perfect

Hey all,

Are you perfect? I know I'm not. I don't have very good patience with anyone over the age of six and who is human. And sometimes I even lose my patience with little kids and animals. That's all I'm going to list, I don't want you guys thinking too badly of me. ;)  
 But everyone has their goods and their bads. Today we are going to talk about the bads. With some characters this is very easy to come up with, 'Oh sure, Billy can't say one sentence without arguing about something.' But with others it like, well... she... um... I've had a few of those characters, their the ones who make mistakes but they usually learn from them, so their always changing. But usually if you dig deep enough with characters like that, you can find their weakness. Because there is almost always something that you can tie the mistakes that they make to.
 But don't make the mistake of not giving them any bad behavior. I'm in the middle of a book right now, The Basket of Flowers, for school. It's a pretty good story, but, Mary is perfect. She won't lie even after she's been beaten, and her father's life is at stake as well as hers. She always puts others before herself, she asks for her father to be spared. And she is just so sweet. It kills us sinners after a while. NOBODY's perfect. Sure, Jesus was perfect and we look up to him. But he is fully GOD, and fully man. We are fully and completely man, we sin, it's in our nature, at least once in our lives we all sin. (let he who is without sin, cast the first stone, John 8:7) 

 So our characters need some sin, faults in their lives. And thru the book they will get better about controlling one or a few of those faults. If real humans aren't perfect we should our characters be?
 Don't get me wrong though, we don't want to be sinful, it's just who we are. But we need to fight against that sinful nature too, that is how our characters grow.

Here is a list that I've made, (Okay, so I only put in a couple of words. I got the rest from GTW) of faults for your characters.

                       

                                  
                    
                                          


                                                           Self-Righteous
                                                          Absent-minded
Antisocial
Bossy
Careless
Childish
Cocky
Cold
Controlling
Cutthroat
Dumb
Fake
Indecisive
Irresponsible
Judgmental
Lazy
Liar/dishonest/flatterer
Naïve
Nosy
Oblivious
Obsessive
Overbearing
Push-over
Pushy
Reckless
Rigid
Self-involved
Showy
Skittish
Stubborn
Timid
Too concerned with the opinions of others
Unforgiving
Weak
OR, good traits that are taken too far. Example: Easygoing can turn into oblivious.

                     

No comments: